Friday, February 21, 2014

Turning Away, We All Need Friends Like This!

                I wanted to give a shout out to my friends Blog today. I didn't realize that she had posted this, but I'm glad she did. She has been so supportive of me and everything that I've been going thru. Ever since I found out that the tumor had come back. She dropped everything and came over to my house, and hour away, and sat with me until the middle of the night, she pushed me thru the mall in a wheel chair with no feet in the middle of Christmas (I wouldn't recommend that), despite her family obligations she has been there for everything that I needed over the past few years. While this is a short Blog post, I will post a real one later.
             
                 Last month she saw an op-ed piece about someone who was offended about a woman who Blogged and tweeted about her condition. She sent me what she wrote in response; unfortunately the original post was removed before she could post her comment. I of course got choked up at her devotion to me and my plight. There is nothing as heartwarming as a true friend that is ready to go head to head with a crazy person over you. Please take some time to read her blog, maybe even follow it; she has some interesting things to say. True friends come out when we are in our darkest hours, and the better ones stick around long after. So please read her blog post. I'm sure that many of you have a friend like this and if not, I suggest that you find one fast!

 Turning Away Click Me, Click Me!!!!  Please take a few minutes to read, it'll be worth your time!

****Don't forget to sign up for email updates and click on the "Join This Site button"****

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. We live in Florida an love going to the beach. Our daughter has a very long scar down her, along with a nice, long slice on her side, peppered by drainage tube scars and chest tube scars. But, she never hesitates to wear a bikini as she always did, pre GCT. One time, at an outdoor concert, she even had someone ask her about the spinal scar, saying she looked too young to have something like that. I agree with you, Rachel--these truly are your battle scars of how and why you're here today! Just like you there are hobbies and-activities and sleeping comfortably--robbed by GCT. But it will never and can never take away from the beautiful person that you are to everyone who loves you. Without those scars, they would not have you! :)

    ReplyDelete